Views: 12 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-06-14 Origin: Site
Door and window performance | Refractory window = Fire resistant window ???
Around three words: "refractory window", "fire rated window", "fire-resistant integrity".
First of all, a basic concept must be established. Whether it is a fire-resistant window or a fire-resistant window, the fire-resistance capability is called fire-resistance integrity. The following describes their differences in detail.
In fact, there has been no specific definition for fire-resistant windows. In the latest version of the aluminum alloy door and window standard, it is proposed that fire-resistant doors and windows refer to "doors and windows with fire-resistant integrity E not less than 30 minutes in the closed state under the specified experimental conditions."
Fireproof windows refer to windows that are composed of steel window frames, steel sashes, and fireproof glass, which can isolate and prevent the spread of fire. Generally, it is set in the openings or skylights on the outer wall of the building where the fire separation distance is insufficient, the parts that need to be observed on the firewall or the fire partition wall in the building, and the openings of the outer wall where the fire prevention fire needs to spread vertically. Generally, fire-resistant windows are building components with fire-resistant performance requirements, while fire-resistant windows are fire-fighting supplies with fire-resistant functions.
The following information identifies the difference.
1. Application site: Fireproof windows are not exterior windows of buildings, and are used for indoor partitions, while fire-resistant windows are mostly used for exterior windows of buildings.
2. Performance requirements: Since fireproof windows are used indoors, there are no standard water tightness requirements, only air tightness and wind pressure resistance can meet the standards. In terms of fire resistance, integrity and heat insulation must be satisfied at the same time, and the fire resistance limit is between 0.5h and 3.0h. It is worth noting that the thermal insulation here is different from the thermal insulation performance of doors and windows that we usually talk about. This thermal insulation refers to isolating heat radiation, that is, reducing the burning sensation, while the other thermal insulation means isolating heat conduction.
Refractory windows not only require air tightness and wind pressure resistance, but also water tightness and thermal insulation properties. Fire resistance only requires integrity, not thermal insulation. The fire resistance limit is 0.5h, 1.0h.
3. Functional configuration: The fireproof window has an automatic opening and closing device more than the fireproof window, which makes it more active defense function in addition to passive resistance to fire.
4. Frame material and structural design: Most of the profiles of fireproof windows are of symmetrical structure, while fire-resistant exterior windows are mostly of asymmetrical structure.
5. Panel material: heat-insulating fire-proof windows should use heat-insulating fire-proof glass,and non-heat-insulating fire-proof windows can use non-heat-insulating fire-proof glass. Fire-resistant windows can use non-insulated fire-resistant glass. In other words, fire-resistant windows are also called fire-resistant glass.
6. Fire conditions: fireproof windows prevent indoor fires, also known as confined space fires, fire-resistant windows prevent outdoor fires, that is, open spaces.